The project is designed to support SME activity in the countries of Southern and Eastern Mediterranean (SEMED) and is built on the notion that smaller businesses need know-how and finance to develop and grow. SMEs will be connected to business advice through local consultants or international industry advisers. The project will also expand the EBRD’s efforts in improving the quality and availability of advisory services in the local market.
Countries covered: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia.
– Enhance performance of assisted SMEs by providing business advice and industry expertise from local consultants and from international advisers.
– Improve access to finance for SMEs by preparing companies for investment, and by providing advisory services to SMEs receiving finance.
– Strengthen and contribute to a sustainable infrastructure of local advisory services.
Actions in brief
– Advisory assistance to enterprises through SBS projects.
– Trainings local consultants to deliver business support on the local market.
– Fostering external financing of assisted enterprises.
Implementing partner: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)