Kick off seminar of second phase of EU agriculture programme in Algeria
December 17, 2015
The kick off seminar of the second phase of the ENPARD South Support Programme (ESSP II) was held yesterday in Algeria, in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Fisheries of Algeria.
The preliminary work undertaken allowed to identify several issues on which the Algerian Ministry of Agriculture intends to launch a renewed political dialogue in the framework of the programme:
– Analysis of the agriculture chapter of the Association Agreement;
– Regulation, organisation and development of agricultural chains;
– Agricultural education and vocational training;
– Capacity building in support of professional organizations;
– Enhancing the value of forest products and fisheries;
– Optimising the management and use of natural resources in agriculture.
A think tank has been set up under the leadership of the Ministry. The main goal of this think tank is to lead and feed the national dialogue on the identified priority issues.
ENPARD has been designed to support the EU’s Southern Neighbourhood countries in their agricultural and rural development. The initiative aims to support the formulation and implementation of renewed public policies in order to meet the challenges of food security, diversification of rural economies and governance in agriculture and management of rural areas. (EU Neighbourhood Info)