Project Officer in the fields of Civil Society and Governance, Jordan
Opportunity type : Job Opportunities
Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the following tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section:
– Civil Society environment analysis, Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming.
– Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern.
– Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for the European Union under the thematic lines and European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI), e.g: Single Support Framework (SSF), etc.
– Assist in launching, managing and monitoring calls for proposals, tenders, evaluation and selection of projects to be funded by the EU.
– Monitor the implementation of projects financed, attend management and monitoring meetings, elaborate progress reports on projects and propose remedial action if and when needed.
– Ensure the follow up of the implementation of projects and the performances of project managers and partners, monitor contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, audits, reporting and assistances, etc.) and coordinate external expertise.
– Support communication and other horizontal and networking aspects programmes/projects in Jordan, as appropriate and based on security/confidentiality/political appropriateness concerns.
– Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, with representatives of the principal international donors, with NGOs and other local non-official actors;
– Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters.
– Extract and disseminate best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
– Contribute to the production of publications/information material.
– Produce and disseminate, as appropriate and at the request of the Head of Delegation, the results of projects at workshops, seminars and other public events.
And any other tasks under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section. The working hours will be 37.5 hours per week from Sunday to Thursday. The place of employment is Amman and the post is group I.