Med Dialogue is looking for a Senior Facilitator (Short-Term Expert) who will work in partnership with a Junior Facilitator to run the 2nd South-South Med Vision 2030 Consultation Workshop targeting CSO actors from the following Mashreq countries: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, and Syria, as well as related diasporas. This consultation process provides civil society actors and relevant stakeholders with a dialogue platform aimed at shaping a vision of the Mediterranean for the years to come.
The main objective of the consultation process is to produce a document that provides a vision for the Mediterranean region as a common space, and a lasting environment for cooperation and political construction. The workshop will also develop a set of recommendations/ ideas for a campaign advocating for this vision, following Vision Med 2030 conclusions/ results, and where objectives, target groups, and tools will be explored using Design Thinking approaches.
The specific objectives of the Senior Facilitator’s assignment are:
– Articulating and shaping hopes and expectations of civil society players and other actors, and developing a shared vision of the Mediterranean amongst civil society actors and stakeholders.
– Developing strategies, actions, and partnerships to make the vision a potentially achievable horizon,
– Facilitating the exchange of experiences and networking among CSOs and other actors,
– Strengthening dialogue and strategizing techniques of participants to scale-up their capacities in policy dialogue at a regional level, using methodologies such as the Design Thinking,
– Drafting a statement, a document of principles that translate common values into a vision, building upon the outputs of the South-South workshop 1 as well,
– Leading a constructive and participatory exchange on possible advocacy campaigns following Vision Med 2030, exploring different means, including new ICT tools.