Temporary procurement and logistics officer, EU Delegation to Egypt
Opportunity type : Job Opportunities
The EU Delegation to Egypt offers a post of PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER (Local Agent Group 2) in the Delegation’s Administration Section. The duration of the employment contract will be 11 months.
Under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration, the successful candidate will provide support, expertise and assistance in the following fields:
PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACT MANAGEMENT – Contribution to the organisation and management of contracts
– Management of the entire life cycle of tender procedures in each field of activity linked to the job (security, security and safety equipment, cars, cars maintenance, cars insurance, taxi and rent-a-car services…).
– Adequate related-contract/purchase order management in accordance with existing rules through existing central electronic tools.
– Coordination and relations with suppliers, notably for any possible maintenance of equipment.
LOGISTIC SUPPORT – Assistance to housing policy
– Responsibility for the management of housing real estate for all expatriates of the Delegation, as per existing procedures.
– Management of car fleet and drivers’ planning (including participation in the organisation of VIP visits).
– Management of armored cars’ spare parts stock.
– Management of representation budget (except for the Head of Delegation).
– Logistics assistance in organisation of major events (Europe Day, Staff parties, …).
BUDGET and FINANCE – Budget management
– Assistance to the Head of Administration in the preparation and monitoring of budget and payments related to expenditure in each field of activity linked to the job.
– Operational Initiating Agent in the operations workflow.
OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES
– Electronic and paper filing of concerned documents.
– Appropriate Handover/Takeover of tasks to/from the back-up.
– Any other task as instructed by the Head of Administration.
The base salary will be based on the EU salary grid applied in Egypt (e.g. EGP 31,831 gross monthly).
In addition, there is a competitive benefits package, including annual leave days and public holidays.
The expected start date of the employment contract will be 01.01.2024.