The aim of this facility is to provide access to equity and debt finance to SMEs in the region in order to support private sector development, inclusive growth and private sector job creation. The Facility will make investments aiming to support private sector SMEs and MSMEs in the Southern Neighbourhood countries through the use of risk capital mechanisms.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia.
– Private sector development,
– Financial sector strengthening,
– Private sector job creation,
– Financial return: sustainability of SMES and MSMEs.
Actions in brief
– Investing in private equity and venture capital funds,
– Investing in microfinance and other financial institutions,
– Lending to microfinance and other financial institutions,
– Other innovative instruments such as co-investing alongside Business Angels, funding Incubators and Accelerators,
– Providing technical assistance to financial intermediaries or final beneficiaries.
Implementing partner: European Investment Bank (EIB)