SANAD aims to offer market based financial instruments in particular to micro-finance institutions in the MENA region encouraging them to improve access to finance to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in order to support growth and employment creation.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
– Maintain and create employment, especially for the youth; primarily through support to small and medium enterprises.
– Reduce poverty by facilitating self-employment, primarily through microfinance.
– Build inclusive financial systems by cooperating with banks, microfinance institutions and other institutions to facilitate access to financial services.
– Improve access to finance for local MSME in the region;
– Reduce shortage of medium- and long term financing and local currency lending;
– Strengthen financial intermediaries and encourage them to MSME lending;
– Foster responsible finance principles in the region;
– Further develop local financial markets on sustainable and market based principles.
Implementing partner: KfW