The project is part of a call for proposals entitled “Support to dialogues, political and economic research and studies of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership”. Its general objective is to reinforce dialogue, economic research and studies in priority themes of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership and to ensure the dissemination of studies and research to civil society and decision-makers in charge of economic policies.
Covered countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia
More specifically, the project aims:
– to promote dialogue on trade and economic issues among relevant stakeholders, in particular through the organisation of conferences, studies and research;
– to increase research capacity and expand the links among economic research institutions in the Euro-Mediterranean region to measure the progress undertaken by the different countries in relation to economic transition and reforms, the degree of liberalisation of its economy, the inclusive character of its growth, openness to trade and investment, regional cooperation South-South and South-East as well as in the framework of the EU Neighbourhood policy;
– to intensify economic research on priority policy themes under the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership such as the creation of sustainable and inclusive growth;
– to improve knowledge regarding the economic and social impact of regional cooperation under the Union for the Mediterranean, the association agreements with the EU and the Neighbourhood policy;
– to provide policy briefs and recommendations on key issues for the attention of policy makers and socio-economic agents in the region.
The main activities are:
− proposing and developing a minimum of 20 studies on priority policy themes under the Euro-Mediterranean partnership.
− organising annual conferences to debate key socio-economic issues of general interest for the region;
− promoting dialogue with relevant stakeholders, in particular through the organisation of specific seminars and workshop at regional or sub-regional level ;
− preparing and disseminating ‘policy briefs’ on key issues for the attention of policy makers and socio-economic agents in the region.
Implementing partner : FEMISE