The overall objective of the Euromed Police IV project is to increase citizens’ security across the Euro-Mediterranean area through the strengthening of cooperation on security issues between the Southern Mediterranean partner countries, as well as between these countries and the EU Member States. It builds on the achievements of the previous phase of the project Euromed Police III.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia (Syria is temporarily suspended).
The purposes of this project should allow to:
– Preparation of Euromed Cooperation Priorities to Increase Citizen Security
– Facilitation of the endorsement of an Euromed Cooperation Strategy for increasing citizen security
– Support to the creation of an Euromed analysis network
– Creation of a Euromed Threat Forum in collaboration with Europol
– Establishment of a common methodology and template for ‘Euromed Threat Notices’
– Establishment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for handling strategic criminal data and intelligence.
– Support to the creation of an Euromed capacity building network
– Creation of the Euromed Police Technical Assistance Facility, aimed at providing tailored support in priority areas
– In collaboration with CEPOL, implementation of the Euromed Police Mobility Scheme
Implementing partners: CIVI.POL Conseil (Leader of the consortium), the mandated Body of the French Ministry of Interior; DCI, the Directorate for International Cooperation of the French Ministry of Interior; GIZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit; FIIAPP, Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas; ISEMI International Security and Emergency Management Institute; The Italian Ministry of Interior- Public Security Department