THE NEXT SOCIETY is an open community of change makers engaged in innovation and economic development. It aims at reinforcing innovation ecosystems and fostering value creation as well as pushing forward concrete solutions for a shared prosperity in the Mediterranean and tomorrow in Africa.
It brings together entrepreneurs, investors, corporates, NGOs, public and private innovation, research and economic development hubs from Europe and the Mediterranean countries. It gathers already a large network of over 300 business & innovation, research and investment organisations, 2,500 international SMEs and entrepreneurs from 30 countries.
Countries covered: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia.
The project’s main objectives are to remove the barriers to innovation and unleash the Mediterranean creative potential, reinforce innovation ecosystems and foster value creation, as well as push forward concrete solutions.
The 4-year action plan developed by THE NEXT SOCIETY will impact several levels of the innovation ecosystem:
– Improve policy frameworks.
THE NEXT SOCIETY establishes a public-private dialogue and benchmarks the performance of Mediterranean innovation ecosystems in order to define and implement country strategic roadmaps and improve innovation support strategies.
– Foster start-up success.
THE NEXT SOCIETY offers tailor-made support to Mediterranean start-ups to help them go international and raise funds thanks to workshops and training sessions, immersion into foreign markets and incubation in European innovation hubs, meetings with investors and long-term coaching by committed mentors. To know more, download the Start-up Booster Track.
– Promote and internationalise clusters.
THE NEXT SOCIETY develops peer-learning services for business and industrial clusters as well as foreign partnership and guide them towards a Cluster Excellence management approach. Read here the Cluster Booster Track description.
– Accelerating technology transfer towards the enterprise: THE NEXT SOCIETY involves technology transfer offices, universities, researchers and creators to develop solutions to the challenges faced by their countries, through calls for projects and workshops with potential users of these solutions (large international firms, industry leaders, investors, entrepreneurs, civil society). More information on the TTO Booster Track.
– Agence de Promotion de l’Industrie et de l’Innovation (Tunisia);
– Agence Régionale d’Innovation et d’Internationalisation (France);
– Agence Wallonne à l’Exportation et aux Investissements étrangers (Belgium);
– Agencia per a la Competitivitat de l’Empresa – ACCIÓ (Spain);
– ANIMA Investment Network (France);
– Arabreneur (Palestine);
– Association of European Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Belgium);
– Bedaya Center – General Authority For Investment and Free Zones (Egypt);
– Berytech (Lebanon);
– Big Booster (France);
– Centro Estero per l’Internazionalizzazione (Italy);
– Confédération des Entreprises Citoyennes de Tunisie CONECT (Tunisia);
– Economic Research Forum (Egypt);
– Enterprise Greece (Greece);
– European Business and Innovation Centre Network – EBN (Belgium);
– Forum des Chefs d’Entreprises (Algeria);
– Forum Euro-méditerranéen des Instituts de Sciences Economiques (France);
– France Clusters (France);
– Higher Council for Innovation & Excellence (Palestine);
– Information and Communications Technology Association of Jordan – int@j (Jordan);
– Information Technology Industry Development Agency (Egypt);
– Institut de la Méditerranée (France);
– International Network for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (Italy);
– Kedge Business School (France);
– Mowgli Foundation (UK);
– PICTI.StartUps (Palestine);
– R&D Maroc (Morocco);
– Royal Scientific Society (Jordan);
– StartUp Maroc (Morocco);
– The European Trade Association for Early Stage Investors (Belgium);
– The MENA Business Angels Network (Belgium).