Traineeship for Communications and Events Coordination, European Endowment for Democracy (EED)
Opportunity type : Internships / traineeships
Are you passionate about communications? Have you experience of organising events in a professional or voluntary capacity? Are you a highly organised person with an eye for detail? Have you strong IT skills and some knowledge of website development and social media? Are you interested in working in the area of democracy-support?
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) wants to hear from you!
The European Endowment for Democracy (EED) is looking for a motivated and proactive young professional to join our Communications Team in Brussels for a 12-month traineeship, starting on 1 October 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity that will suit a graduate with some communications and event experience gained either post or during studies or a graduate with strong organisational skills, who is keen to work within the democracy field.
• Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications & Events Coordination Trainee will work with EED colleagues to organise multiple events in Brussels, both physical events and online, as well as potentially to organise events in other jurisdictions where EED operates;
• Assist in the development of an overall event plan and in event concepts and agendas and draft event reports;
• Cooperate with EED partners for the organisation of events, including co-run events and events that involve multiple partners;
• Manage travel and accommodation bookings, invitation lists, and the organisation of all other event logistics;
• Maintain EED online events calendar and mailing list;
• Promote events as appropriate, including via social media;
• Ensure evaluation of all events;
• Assist in the ongoing development of the EED website and EED’s social media strategy;
• Responsible for managing EED’s photo archive;
• Provide other support as required to the EED Communications Team.